Saturday, February 21, 2009

For the Love of Dogs




Today is the 8th annual Animal Fair in Tucson and I'm taking my Number One cocker, Lucy, to mingle with all the dogs and people. She loves it. She'll bark her head off for the first few minutes, but then she settle down and just enjoy all the smells and petting and being with me. She's also a "visit dog" and we may stop by the assisted living home first before the Fair today. The people there love it when she comes and always remark how soft she is. She gets lots of attention so it's a win-win.



Of course she gets a bath the day she goes, so these days whenever she's had her bath, she's waiting by the door all excited to go somewhere. Might be there, might be somewhere else. She brought so much joy into our lives that we have two more cockers now. Lots of grooming, but they're little bundles of affection - each one of them: Lucy, Dizzy and Charlie.



I am a huge dog lover, obviously. What about your dogs? Do you have one or a few? What do they do for your lives? Would love to hear.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooh they are soooo cute - when did you get #3! I sooo want to go too!! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday!!!
    Love ya, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dogs, but I have 3 cats! We live in a townhouse with no yard. Not a good place for a dog, but I did think having a dog would get me to walk more! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne,

    I've nominated you for the Lemonade Award for positive attitude and gratitude. I know I'm grateful that you are helping women get healthy. I hope you'll stop by and pick up your award. Your turtles are well fed! :)

    I've been trying to post here for two days. Maybe this time will be the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw your dogs are gorgeous! I have 3 Dachshunds,and I do needle felted wool mini versions of dogs for clients! I LOVE dogs and all animals, they truly enrich my life!

    ReplyDelete