1. I attended a private women's college my first year of college. Lived in NY at the time and it was in Virginia. What a culture shock. Anytime you left campus you were supposed to wear a dress or skirt - no pants. Well, you can't skateboard very well in a skirt, you know? After about seven times getting caught they campused me for a week. What a trouble maker!
2. I have two wonderful kids - Tamara who is 33 and Jesse who is 24. I love them dearly and get to see them often. My husband Les, has three daughters, two of whom I see as much as possible and they're terrific - Gina and Jamie. Cinnamon I get to see once in awhile and she's special, too.
3. My husband, Les and I have been married for six years. We met on January 25, 2002 and married on January 25, 2003. Today, I was in the dentist office (on my vacation no less) getting a root canal and he tucked a note into my car door handle telling me a was special and he was thinking about me . Awww. What a sweetie.
4. I served on a Search & Rescue team in the mountains quite a few years ago. Loved it, learned a lot. Little known fact - I was the first woman to be certified to rappel from a helicopter in that county's sheriff's department. Whoohoo. Pretty fun.
5. I'm a bird watcher from way back. My mom taught me that love for birds. This weekend I was in Minnesota and was thrilled to see an Indigo Bunting. Beautiful.
6. I'm an artist. Pen & ink, pencil and pastel are my mediums. One day I hope to paint. Thought that was going to be my career all the years I was growing up, but life took me in another direction. I used to illustrate for the LA Times pet column, Kal Kan and for a number of realtors when I had time more time. My sister Sarah is encouraging me to get back into it and maybe have an Etsy site. I'd love that. Hopefully soon.
7. I've always seen my career as my own personal ministry. I think it is what I was meant to do.
So here are seven super women I am sending this award to:
Renee I love her courage and many words of wisdom
Karen Love her wool animals - amazing
Bridget Her jewelry has been all over the US with me! Love it. I want more.
Audrey Courage like no other and attitude to back it up. Awesome.
Sarah My sister who I truly admire for all the things she is and is yet to be.
Alicia For her beautiful jewelry and her beautiful soul.
KacyK For all the virtual rides we've been able to go on with her. Keep riding!